Perfectly situated between historic New Bern and
the Crystal Coast, Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, located
in Havelock, has much to offer with many local events and
attractions for the whole family to enjoy. Check out the list below
to find out more:
National Night Out: held at Walter B. Jones Park, behind the Havelock Police Station in early August, National Night Out is America's night out against crime. The City of Havelock along with community partners to host this exciting annual event to celebrate community and to promote crime prevention. Attendees enjoy food, activities for kids, music and getting to know their community resources.
Havelock Freedom Festival: Havelock’s annual 4th of July celebration with contests for kids and adults, music, and fireworks at dark.
Havelock Tree Lighting Jubilee: Santa and Mrs. Claus will be greeting attendees in City Park, followed by songs of the season, and a performance by The Center of the Performing Arts concluding with the lighting of the city Christmas Tree.
MumFest: annual event held in October, MumFest is a combination of family fun, entertainment, attractions, exhibitors and great food in the beautifully restored setting of historic downtown New Bern and its waterfront.
MCAS Cherry Point Air Show: held in early May and voted the best air show in America by USA Today.
Schools & Child Care
Craven County is the school district for Cherry Point neighborhoods.Slocum Village attends Graham A. Barden Elementary On-base Neighborhoods attend Arthur W. Edwards Elementary All neighborhoods attend Tucker Creek Middle School & Havelock High School.
For more information about schools, and services contact the Cherry Point School Liaison Officer by phone at (252) 466-7648.
The three centers located on MCAS Cherry Point provide safe, nurturing, and positive environments for children 6 weeks to 12 years old. Full time and hourly care options are available, as well before and after school care at the Cherry Tree House.
One of the first things many notice upon entry to
Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Cherry Point is the roar of jet
aircraft passing over the front gate. On a sign outside the gate,
are the words, “Pardon our noise, it’s the sound of freedom.” For
more than 75 years, those sounds of freedom have echoed through
local skies. With its rich history and proximity to beautiful
beaches, it is clear why so many enjoy calling MCAS Cherry Point
home. Please find a list of helpful resources below to help you
begin your journey here at MCAS Cherry Point:
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point Information and Referral Services: (252) 466-2811
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point EFMP - Family Support: (252) 466-8002
- Command Duty Officer: (252) 466-5236
- Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune EFMP - Family Support: (910) 451-4394
- New River Air Station EFMP - Family Support: (910) 449-5251
Click here for a full list of installation resources from dining and shopping to recreation and programs.
Map & Directions – Leasing Office
Directions to Cherry Point Leasing
From MCAS Cherry Point, NC 28533
- Head north on Roosevelt Blvd (0.4 mi)
- Slight right onto A St. (0.1 mi)
- Continue straight to stay on A St. (0.4 mi)
- Turn left onto Curtiss Rd. (410 ft)
- Slight left onto 2nd Rd. (0.1 mi)
- Slight right to stay on 2nd Rd. (0.4 mi)
- Turn right onto E St.
- Cherry Point Leasing Office located at Building 298 E St.
Map & Directions – Community Centers
Grant’s Landing Community
494 Wilson Dr.
Havelock, NC 28532
- Head north on Roosevelt Blvd (0.8 mi)
- Continue straight to stay on Roosevelt Blvd (3.9 mi)
- Turn left onto Madison Dr.
- Turn right onto Wilson Dr.
Binder Oaks/Nugent Cove/Slocum Village
102 Bern St.
Havelock, NC 28532
- Head north on Roosevelt Blvd. (0.5 mi)
- Make a U-turn at A St. (0.5 mi)
- Turn right onto Fontana Blvd. (0.2 mi)
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto W Main St. (0.2 mi)
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Jackson Dr. (0.2 mi)
- Turn right onto Bern St.